First and foremost we ask for your prayers. We know God answers prayers and he has already shown himself in the first month of our planning. Some specific items to pray for currently are:
Ease in obtaining visa’s and certified translations of kids birth certificates (we are halfway there)Praise! The whole family has now obtained our Peruvian visas!
- Continued faith in God’s leading
- Help and patience with learning Spanish (ongoing)
Raising enough funds to cover our first year (which includes travel, language school, and living expenses)Praise! Thanks to all who have given! We have raised enough to cover our first year!! Now we just need to cover year 2! Safe travel to Costa Rica and then PeruPraise! We have arrived in Peru. Pray for continued protection as the roads and taxi service are always interesting
- Continued health while here.
- God gives us wisdom and courage as we try (assisting my brother) to help start a church here in Curahuasi
- Courage for our children attending a Spanish speaking school. It can be very frustrating for the kids, the parents, and the teachers at times.
- That through it all, God’s will be done.
Secondly, we will need monetary support. We are volunteers working at the mission hospital; there is no stipend. This is how they are able to offer quality medical care for a significantly reduced rate to the poor. Therefore we will be relying exclusively on donations of supporters and have faith that God will provide. We thank each of you who have given in the past. This work could not be done without your monetary support. We are only a few thousand dollars short of reaching our total budget needed for our time here! If you feel moved to give, please prayerfully consider supporting our family as we try to share God’s love with Quechua people of Peru. Just click on the “donate online” button below.
The mission agency we are now with is Christian Health Service Corps. We were formerly with Samaritan’s Purse, but they were only a short term mission agency, therefore, we have now switched to CHSC. You can send your tax-deductable donation to them by mail or via internet and all funds will go into our specific account.
Ways in which you can give.
- The easiest way to give is online through Christian Health Service Corps. Just click on this link. Donate online. You can give a one time donation or set up monthly giving through this link.
- You can also mail a check made out to Christian Health Service Corps with “Nolan Wright” in the memo line. Mail the check to:
Christian Health Service Corps
PO Box 132
Fruitvale, TX 75127
Thanks so much for your prayers and donations! We could not do this without people like you!